Colours

|
Blogger's notes: There's something wrong with my mozilla firefox, my hotmail and blogger seem messed up...arghh.....Much as I hated it, am forced to use Internet Explorer for now, any idea?


Anyone who saw my pencil case, they will look twice.


It looks like a fine black pencil case from the outside. Nothing unusual.


Well, it is nothing special except I have over 20 colour pens/ highlighters in it.


2 pens in guy's pencil case...common.
20 pens in a guy's pencil case....seldom but fair enough.
20 colour pens in a guy's pencil case.... Rare.




Don't believe? Check out the photo below.





Seeing is believing....


Anyone who didn't know me reading this would think that I have some sorta colour fetish. I would, if I am reading this from someone else's blogs.


Now, wait till you see my lecture notes....I would not call it a notes at all....It was once a stack papers with boring black and white small fonts.....by the end of the semester, it has turned into a scrapbook with vibrant colours splashing around.


I have low attention span. Yes, I can't stay attentive for long. I always wonder off to lala land during lessons. That is why you usually see me staring at the lecturer and nodding at interval...It is just a cover up while I am day-dreaming in some other dimension. It works all the time. : )


I can't possible sit still in front of the notes and absorb everything into my brain like a sponge. I need music and more ever, I need to doodle. So, as I am revising, you will see me blasting loud music into my ears, while 'illustrating' my lecture notes.


But hell, it actually works! Seriously, I find it so much easier to remember facts/ understand theory but literately drawing it out. Take "Material In Practice" for example, it is so much easier when I have underlined the key points and doodle around it using colour pens....The colours, the drawings, all instantly stuck in my brain long enough for examination. Another good thing of using colours is.....It makes studying less stressful. In a way, I am indulging myself in Art more than studying.


I actually learned this from Lanna and Jie Cong (thx btw!). I used to see Lanna's Sejarah notes filled with colours and all that, and she claims it works like magic for her.


Jie Cong and his stick man figures that covers across the 6 whiteboards of form 5 classrooms during the study leave...His simple strokes of stick men easily covered several chapters of Sejarah in no time. Like the one below, he summarized the entire chronology of Khalifah system and each of their merits...with drawings! ( fyi to all non-SPM, it's Islamic Studies from the History subject...and it sucks!)



We actually survived though high school History lessons. 11 years of tremendous torture.


I merged the two methods together and it really works like magic !........and btw, Lanna, would you mind to reimburst me for all the money I spent on those colour pens?! (hint hint : Your ang pau moneh!)


So, readers....If you're thinking of a better studying method...Try colours. It really worth a try. 

COLOURS..
because life is too short to be dull :D


K, guys, that is all for today! See ya next time!

0 comments: