Confession of a Workaholic

|
Blogger's notes: I almost make one of the biggest mistake .... for the second time. I need more clear thinking. I need more self-control. Can't afford to mess up, Matt!



"Hi, my name is Matt, and I am a workaholic"


There, I admit it, I am a bloody workaholic with poor health, retarded social life, and zero consciousness of the outside world. Oh, didn't I tell ya, I got laid yesterday, with Smexy~Work!


And the most amazing thing about it, is....I didn't even realise this until Will pointed it out.


Matt: Arghh! I am so bored now. I hate holidays...I got nothing to do.
Will : It's a sign...Your life is meaningless without school....
Matt: *shrug*
Will : ...without homework....without classmates
Matt: ?

Will : You're a workaholic...Horror!


He actually makes sense. I am like a total blur case without school.



For the past 4 months, I have been packing myself with so much of school works that I don't even have time care about things around me. The last few weeks of holidays.....I actually spent it all on Student Chapter's projects. I even penned down some of the ways to improve my dearest department (Communication!)


Communication Department to be lead by a introverted-ish nerd-ish dude like me.....How interesting/amusing....I am seriously worried if I can manage it after the seniors graduated next year. 


Fast forward to next semester....Another 7 modules, this time the threat comes in three "Inorganic Chem", "Engineering Maths" and "IDEA" . The three femme fatales...hmmm...they spells troubles. On top of that, I signed up for an additional course, "Business"....and I will be attending evening classes for the next two years.


Plus, annual year book "Foveo III"... Just thinking about it scares the hell outta me....For starter, we don't even have sufficient homo-sapiens in our department at first place....and I never even see like 9 out of 10 of the ppl there. Ha! Wish me luck.


You think I am ranting here? 
Complaining on the workload like a cry baby? You're so wrong.




Hell, I actually LOVE doing all these crazy thing! It makes me feel alive! I actually enjoy staying up late night working on something fantastic! Working with tight dateline is quite fun to me....especially when I see people around me struggling to cope with the dateline, lol.




And that very last statement above fully evidenced a trail of a severe case of workaholic. Case closed. Hello bad sitting posture in front of the laptop and super thick glasses, bye-bye social life....


Wait a second, I am not gonna let workload keep me down. Hell no! And that brings us to my new semester resolution! To be as crazily active in school as possible while maintaining a balance lifestyle! I think I can do it, I will. : )




Oh, I almost forgot, my sist got an offer to buy the original Adobe Creative Suite 4 at only S$99....while the retail price is about S$ 939.....


That's all for today. Cheers!



Btw, any SP Chem Eng student who is experience/willing to learn in Photoshop or Illustrator, can you please please please contact me, we need more talent in our department.

0 comments: