Tides

|
Blogger's note: I am bored......yet, I have tonnes to things to do. And heck, I don't like the new facebook layout.....


I survived the first week of school.....yay me!....swt. Anyway, 9 modules in one semester isn't as hard as it seems... well, as least for the first week. I am starting to really like some of the modules already....so far, my favourite is Chem Eng Principle B......


Gosh, my lecturer actually give a length explanation and apologies for being late.....for 1 minute. ONE minute only, and he sincerely apologized to the whole class of 23 brats. Whoa...wonder what he'll do if he's late for 15 minutes.


So far, I find Eng Maths the most challenging........that bloody SPM Add.Math syllabus is so much shallow than O-level..... I was feeling lost half the lesson when the lecturer talk about things that are considered "basic" ...and yet I have never learn in my high school. Fcuk SPM. I'm need lots of work to lay some foundation for this module.


On another note, first week into the new position as assistant VP is tiring..... The amount of problems that arise in just one week is enough to kill my brain. Just received some bad news regarding the DCHE Tee.... Marina Barrage trip got canceled. Man...this is not looking good.  I am laughing in agony at the exco election/interview coming in just a few weeks....Anyway, giving up is so not my style.... : )  Gotta figure out an escape plan asap....


When all thing are not working well, you will realise that the smallest thing could really cheer you up. Here was what happened.


There was an email from DHL yesterday, saying that I have a package, which cannot be delivered due to an incomplete address.....So, I updated them with the correct address, and the package arrived at my door steps this morning.


It was a "Case Logic" laptop case sent all the way from Deutschland (Germany lah~).  o.O


The letter attached reads,


"Dear James Matthew,
...............(yadayadayada..unrelated formalities-blabbing )............
You have proven yourself as a true rubber expert and secured the 7. rank on our highscore list. We would like to say "Congratulation" and hope that you will have a lot of fun with your prize!"


First of all......James Matthew?..........It's Matthew James! Fuck it.................James' the surname, Matthew's the given name, how hard can it be?!.......Yes, Azfar, I am telling this to you too! Stop calling me James!......and yes, I laughed uncontrollably at the line "true rubber expert".


Anyway, I got this prize from a German rubber company "Lanxess" . They will be opening their plant here in Singapore in a few more years, and they were recruiting during ChemExpo......There was this nice lady who came to me and told me all this, and also asked me to go online and play the "game"


And out of boredom, I actually did. It was like a quiz, answering questions related to material science, specifically on rubber and co-polymer..fyi, it was pretty much what we have learned from Material in Practice in school :  )


Little did I know that I actually won something out of it. The laptop bag is just a normal simple bag. But then again, I won it.........woohoo! It feels good you know? I mean, I never had much luck in this kind of thing, and out of the blue, I actually won something. Yeah, you bet it feels bloody good! It definitely cheer up my day...


.....Hmmm, I am hoping I have more things to update u guys on...but nah....that's all for now.......


So, good nights!

0 comments: